DevOps engineer (English Version)
Location: combination of Amstelveen and home | develop and manage
Did you know that ‘Technische Unie’ has one of the largest webshops in the Netherlands? With over 2 million products and 40,000 searches per day, we are an undiscovered gem in the DevOps world. Within our E-Commerce team, someone moves on internally. The vacant space can be for you and discover the IT world of the largest technical wholesaler in the Netherlands for yourself.
What are you going to do?
Together with the DevOps Engineers and the rest of the energetic and dynamic team, you are responsible for the development and management of www.techniekunie.nl. In addition, you are involved in developing a new Headless E-Commerce Platform to keep this site Future-proof.
Your main tasks:
• Supporting developers from an operation perspective. Think of setting up CI pipelines, maintaining source control systems, installing/maintaining monitoring systems, etc.
• Monitoring and improving the security and performance requirements/wishes of the platform.
• Maintain and maintain consistent documentation
• Proactive role/contribution in code reviews, technical discussions, refinements and sprint planning. Think of supplying estimates of complexity and defining tasks.
• Participate in the sprints of the E-Commerce team so that you are also kept informed of what is going on. Functional and technical.
• Pro-actively trying to add value in the form of converting ideas into user stories so that we can incorporate them into sprints.
• Ready to embrace and work on topics such as CI/CD, Code Quality, Code Review, and Continuous Improvements
Within the IT department there is a real DevOps culture and the E-Commerce team is a frontrunner in this and tries to implement continuous improvements. You work in a stimulating and entrepreneurial environment, we think our E-Commerce team is the most international team within ‘Technische Unie’ with colleagues all over the world. There is an informal and professional working atmosphere. You will end up in an enormous learning climate where there is a lot of freedom and space for your own initiatives.
At ‘Technische Unie’, we offer the largest technical wholesaler in the Netherlands, your development is central. Together with 2,000 colleagues, you form the heart of our company. Whether you work from home or on location, everyone is always connected. Even before you start working with us, you start with a digital familiarization program so that you quickly get to know ‘Technische Unie’. Once you have settled in, you get a lot of freedom and independence to carry out your work. We want you to be happy and fit to work. With safe workplaces and good working conditions, we help you to stay healthy and vital. Professional, driven, eager to learn, sociable, social and open, that is the atmosphere at ‘Technische Unie’. We work hard, find equal opportunities for everyone important and certainly have a sense of humor.
It is not for nothing that we have been named a Top Employer for five years in a row and that also includes good employment conditions. We offer you an extensive package of; 28 days off, 12 ATV days, travel allowance, good pension, discount on company fitness and all the products we sell. But also an annual event for the whole family, training, a bicycle plan, share options, profit distribution, etc. Taking good care of our colleagues is important, which is why we have taken care of everything for you down to the last detail.
Who are you?
• You have a completed HBO/WO education, a broad system engineering background, between 2 and 8 years of relevant work experience, you speak Dutch fluently and you can easily switch to English.
• You have experience in working with APIs and Microservices, demonstrable experience with large (large scale) projects/platforms and experience working with Agile/Scrum.
• You have the necessary knowledge and experience with Java and other relevant frameworks. Experience with these frameworks in an Enterprise environment is a plus.
• You have knowledge and experience with one or more of these tools: Docker, Ansible, Bamboo, Bash, JBoss, Azure, Maven, NodeJS, Gradle.
• You are customer-oriented and can explain difficult matters in simple terms. You communicate easily at different levels.
• You are analytical, quickly see where the problem lies and you think along in a solution-oriented way. In addition, you are always looking for the question behind the question, so how did it arise, why, how can we solve it now and in the future, etc.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Christine Josiassen - van den Dam (DevOps Team lead website team) at 06 - 51 31 24 99.
Apply directly via the 'Apply (Solliciteer)' button! We will contact you as soon as possible.
Neem voor meer informatie over deze vacature contact op met Christine Josiassen - van den Dam (Manager DevOps) te bereiken op 06 - 51 31 24 99.
Reageer direct via de button 'Solliciteren'! Wij nemen zo snel mogelijk contact met je op.Solliciteren Ga terug